Doryteuthis (Doryteuthis) roperi
Island inshore squidMichael Vecchione and Richard E. Young
- Mantle slender
- Fin length 33-39% ML.
- Tentacles short, 14-21% ML
- Clubs with <25 transverse rows of suckers.
- Left ventral arm hectocotylized for >50% of arm length; 80% of suckers in dorsal series modified to minute size, set on broadly triangular bases.
- Vernacular Names: En: Island inshore squid, Fr: Calmar créole, Sp: Calamar insular
Correspondence regarding this page should be directed to Michael Vecchione at
Page copyright © 2010
Page: Tree of Life Doryteuthis (Doryteuthis) roperi Authored by . Island inshore squid.Michael Vecchione and Richard E. Young. The TEXT of this page is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License - Version 3.0. Note that images and other media featured on this page are each governed by their own license, and they may or may not be available for reuse. Click on an image or a media link to access the media data window, which provides the relevant licensing information. For the general terms and conditions of ToL material reuse and redistribution, please see the Tree of Life Copyright Policies.
- First online 02 September 2010
- Content changed 02 September 2010
Citing this page:
Vecchione, Michael and Richard E. Young. 2010. Doryteuthis (Doryteuthis) roperi http://tolweb.org/Doryteuthis_%28Doryteuthis%29_roperi/52729/2010.09.02 in The Tree of Life Web Project, http://tolweb.org/. Island inshore squid. Version 02 September 2010 (under construction).