- Club 35% of ML.
- Carpal locking apparatus with 9-13 suckers (Kubodera, et al., 1998).
- Terminal (distal) club pad with 14-16 small suckers (Kubodera, et al., 1998).
- Rounded funnel groove appears to lack inverted Y-shaped ridge (region slightly damaged in our specimen).
- Radula homodont with unicuspid rachidian and first lateral teeth.
- The upper beak has been illustrated but characteristics have not been described.
- The lower beak has the following characteristics. The hood is curved at a characteristic angle to the crest; the hood is 30-50% of the crest length; a prominent lateral-wall fold is present and thickened along with the crest.These characteristics are from Clarke, 1980.
- mantle with light violet coloration.
- Measurements of holotype:
Mantle length 225 mm Fin length 135 mm; 60% of ML Fin width 155 mm; 69% of ML Arms I, length 99 mm; 44% of ML Arms II, length 122 mm; 54% of ML Arms III, length 119 mm; 53% of ML Arms IV, length 119; 53% of ML Club length 28 mm; 35% of ML
Figure. Side view of upper beak of O. knipovitchi. Drawing modified from Filippova, 1972.
Except where indicated, the above description is taken from Filippova, 1972.